Cardinal Poster
Cardinal Poster by Bebops

Colors thrill my soul and enrich my life! I decided to create a blog featuring a different color every day. Using my original photographs and designs I have created so many colorful products for my online store, Bebop's Place, and want to share them here. I am also constantly amazed at the fantastic rainbow of products available from the rest of the Zazzle community and plan to showcase some of them as well. I am hoping viewers, in discovering this blog, will enjoy and possibly purchase some of these lovely items.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Yellow

This wrapped canvas print features Dolichovespula maculata, a North American insect commonly called the bald-faced hornet (or white-faced hornet or white-tailed hornet). Its well-known features include its hanging paper nests and the females' habit of defending them with repeated stings. It belongs to the genus of wasps called yellowjackets. The striking black and white markings stand out against the lovely yellow goldenrod flowers. Up close, this scary looking bug seems to have arrived from another planet!



Million Bells, Calibrachoa. This yellow flower is a member of the potato family and looks similar to a petunia. Low maintenance annual, popular with humming birds.



Bright daisy-like yellow flowers with orange centers are springing up from the dark green foliage behind. Certain to brighten any scholars room during dreary winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment